A financial accountant analyze, summarize, investigate and report financial statements/transactions in relation to a particular enterprise/firm.
The applicant must understand daily accounting functions and have an understanding of how consumer lending works. Formidable excel abilities are required.
Determined attention to information coupled with prioritizing the significant issues is vital. The ideal applicant can flourish in a fast-paced environment, and come up with inspiring strategies to complex problems. If you’re a person who enjoys to learn and improve how things are executed, then this is the role for you.
- Publish day-to-day journal entries
- Fix bank accounts
- Make daily, weekly and monthly reporting to several Canadian and US lenders
- Monitor the full-cycle accounts payables procedure
- Help with month-end closing process, such as accruals, financial reporting and ad hoc analysis
- help with yearly audit
- Execute additional duties, tasks or special projects as assigned with the emphasis on cost savings or efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- 2+ years of well-rounded accounting experience
- Excellent Excel skills are mandatory (v-lookup, pivot tables, sumif)
- Presently enrolled or in possession of a CPA designation is preferred
- Understanding of GAAP concepts and day-to-day accounting is required
- Past practical knowledge in audit, treasury and compliance functions is regarded as an asset
- Strong two-way communication ability, both verbal and written
- Takes initiative, is responsible, well-organized, uncovers innovative and efficient strategies of finishing tasks
- General knowledge of lending and credit
- Experience in accounting for financial services or e-commerce operations is an asset